news, gossip, food of the spirit, sport and beauty tips

asd by google


news, gossip, food of the spirit, sport and beauty tips

Monday, 7 September 2020

37-year-old man dies from electrocution in Delta

A 37-year old man has died after being electrocuted when he tried to change over from generator power to main grid while watching TV in Sapele, Delta State.


The incident was said to have happened on Sunday August 6, at about 1:35 pm along Oleh road in the timber town.


William Madu, who works with a water processing company, was watching a sitcom in his house when the power company restored power. He stood up to put change over but was electrocuted.


A source told Vanguard: "He left his one-room to switch off the generator set and the next thing we heard was a little boy screaming, we dashed out to find him struggling with the wire and we had to switch off power from the building before we could rescue him."


The source added that William gave up the ghost before they could get to the hospital. His body has been deposited in a morgue.


William was the sole breadwinner in his family and was the only male child of his father.


Upon hearing the news of his son's death, the deceased's father fainted and had to be revived by neighbours.

No comments:

Post a Comment